Thank you all so much for your feedback–I am so, so glad that this is having the desired effect. I know that I’ve been noticing a huge change in my normally craptastic attitude over the past week. Amazing what a little gratitude will do, eh?
Scripture reading for today:
6But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
“God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble.”
7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
That is a very interesting passage for Ms. DeMoss to have chosen, eh? Grief, mourning, wailing. . .none of those seem to be part and parcel of a grateful heart. But humility, the recognition of who we are and what we deserve, is a cornerstone of gratitude.
5 things for which I am grateful:
1. Sleep. I haven’t been sleeping well of late (probably all those horrifyingly creepy psychological thrillers I’ve been reading right before bed, or something), but last night, I got a beautiful, uninterrupted (except by my alarm clock. . .15 times) 10 hours of sleep.
2. Sewing. I’ve been able to put some time into sewing of late, and I love it. It’s incredibly relaxing to put on some chill music, pin fabric together, sew, tear out what I’ve sewn because it was wrong, re-pin fabric, sew, and so on and so forth. I tend to enjoy the process of creating more than the act of finishing something I create, so I’m enjoying it even as my Project Runway fantasies shatter.
3. Blueberry muffins. I love them. I made some. I’m eating one. Life is good.
4. Psych is back! There are very few TV shows I will whole-heartedly endorse. Psych is it.
5. Renewed hope each morning. I’m not always good at. . .um. . .accomplishing my to do list for the day. But I love the feeling of waking up in the morning and knowing that I have a whole, uninterrupted day to work through my to do list. Or to accomplish some tasks that I then add to my to do list so I can scribble it off.
Y’all’re up! Whatcha grateful for today?