It is currently 1:15 PM.
I walk out of my final class at 4:05 PM.
Then I will drive straight home, where I will put on my favorite pair of sweatpants (sized “Circus Tent”), brew a large pot of Turkish tea, and begin the process of watching 18 straight episodes of Psych and House under the guise of packing, cleaning my room, and figuring out the best way to handle the 18 pounds of potatoes I need to eat before I leave tomorrow. (I have a bit of a potato problem. Every time I go to the store, I buy another bag, even though I use potatoes about once every 3 months. It’s as though I’m preparing for a potato-related Armageddon, or something).
In the meantime, break is lurking over the horizon.
I’m dreaming of hours spent blissfully staring at walls.
I’m dreaming of books to read and thoughts to ‘scribe’ and relationships to cherish.
I’m dreaming of that beautiful, beautiful thing called bed.
And, because I like to pretend that my blog is somehow a step toward my evolution into a “real” writer, I’ve been dreaming of what’s going to go down on my little corner of the ‘Net over the next several weeks.
I was going to neatly write these ideas on a piece of paper, but since I’m fresh outta organizational skills, and would promptly lose said paper, I’m just going to go ahead and publish my plans, giving you, dear reader, a sneak peek of what’s to come between now and January 9th.
- The Stewardship Series, revisited (remember that?).
- “Floating fat and other stories of a would-be farmer.” To be honest, I have no earthly idea what this post was intended to be. But I saw the title among my 215 unpublished drafts today, and laughed aloud. It has great potential.
- Semester life lessons recap, goals for next semester.
- Possibly an abridged sneak peek of the book I’m ghostwriting? We’ll see.
- A recap of “Amusing Ourselves to Death.” I have an intense philosophical crush on Neil Postman.
- (Maybe) Something about Tim Tebow’s lack of playing time and conspiracy theories pertaining to NFL politics–mainly to annoy my friend Zach, who hates the fact that I find Tebow utterly dishy.
- A diatribe regarding healthy debate.
- Possibly some thoughts pertaining to education?
- 23 days of Turkey. Are there any specifics you want me to address about the country of my heart?
I can’t promise that any of these will turn out to be particularly useful writings, but please let me know if any of these strike you as particularly interesting, and I shall direct my energies toward them. (Suggestions à la carte will also be accepted at this time).
Though. . .let’s be honest. . .I may just get home and spend the next three weeks bouncing between food, sleep, and the literary embrace of Fyodor Dostoevsky, in which case. . .see you in January!