1) Patience. I require a lot of it, and I’m thankful for the people who consistently give it to me.
2) Sharpie pens. I’m not even kidding–on days when I don’t feel like counseling, I bust out my special Sharpie pens to give me a little boost through the sessions.
3) Sleep. I appreciate the fact that God gave us such a gracious and enjoyable reminder that we are not all-powerful.
4) Coffee and flavored coffee creamer. In my life, the two are basically synonymous. And they truly brighten my mornings. And afternoons. And sometimes evenings.
5) My internship–it is a privilege and honor to be entrusted with the opportunity to speak hope into suffering souls, and my internship is the perfect blend of a great fit and a heady challenge for me.
Your turn: can you name 5 things for which you are grateful today?