Today I am grateful for:
1) I’m running again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t even express my giddiness over this turn of events, but I’m sitting here smiling like a lovesick puppy at even the thought of my teeny tiny run this morning.
2) The Dirt Poor Robins–one of my favorite bands; after introducing them to one of my ‘little brothers’ here at CIU, I’ve had their albums on repeat in my car. Their lyrics are unbelievably hard-hitting.
3) “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Read. Ponder. Repeat.
4) Insufficiency. I met the end of my rope this summer, or at least came closer to it than I ever wish to be again. And now that I’m in the re-building process, I’m slowly starting to understand the toxicity of an unbroken, self-sufficient therapist, or Christian, for that matter. I’m grateful that I’m going through this now. . .I think it’s God’s checkmate move to prevent me from inflicting great spiritual damage on clients and friends, both present and future.
5) Naps. I know this may sound like cheating, because I said sleep yesterday, but I don’t know that I could survive without the 20-minute-power nap. I walked into my house yesterday at 5:06, fell into bed, and walked back out at 5:22, ready to beast* several sessions with clients without even a sip of coffee. It was beautiful.
*”Beast”: Northern college student speak for “to accomplish well.” Use with caution–Southerners and older people are skeptical regarding its’ complimentary properties.
Your turn! Name 5 things for which you are grateful today. Aaaaaand go.